Jesus Prays in the Garden of Gethsemane

Throughout the world, many are celebrating Mardi Gras . . . while we observe a special Passionist memorial in our Liturgy--Jesus at Prayer in Gethsemane.  Gethsemane . . . the curtain which opens the beginning of Christ's Hour of Suffering.  So . . . we seek to pray beside Him, in spirit, and with the Angel, offer Him our presence of love and compassion.


                   


Gethsemane

"My Heart is
  nearly broken with sorrow . . ."

In prayer, I seem to see
  the Lord Jesus

on the ground before me.

. . . "Stay here and
   keep watch with Me."
   Though centuries have past . . .

His request has
  touched my heart,
So I choose to remain

To bring comfort
  to His Broken Heart
    and compassion to His Pain

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Contemplative Passionist Life